Slow Cooker Chicken Stew with White Wine
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 5:00 h
- Ready In : 5:10 h
Average Member Rating
(3.4 / 5)
5people rated this recipe
Slow cooker chicken stew with white wine.Cubed chicken with vegetables and dry white wine cooked in slow cooker.Serve this delicious stew with rice and Italian bread to soak up delicious broth.
- 1 pound (480 g) boneless and skinless chicken breast,cubed
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry white wine
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium yellow onion,peeled and chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet. Add cubed chicken and brown them on both sides. Remove cooked chicken and pat dry with paper towel.
In a sauce pan,combine mushroom and onion. Sate until they release their juices and become golden,stirring occasionally. Transfer cooked mushrooms and onion to slow cooker.
Place chicken over mushrooms and onion,then add remaining ingredients. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 3-4 hours or until meat is tender.