Slow Cooker Chicken Tropical
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 9:00 h
- Ready In : 9:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 2 medium sweet potatoes,peeled cut into pieces
- 8 oz (250 g) can sliced water chestnuts,drained
- 1 cup (250 g) golden raisins
- 20 oz (600 ml) can pineapple tidbits in pineapple juice,drained and juice reserved
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 4 teaspoons Jamaican jerk seasoning
- 1/4 cup (60 g) dried onion flakes
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds,crushed
Place cubed potatoes in slow cooker. Add water chestnuts,raisins and drained pineapple tidbits. Mix well.
Sprinkle chicken breasts with Jamaican jerk seasoning. Arrange chicken on top of potato mixture.
In a mixing bowl,combine reserved pineapple juice and remaining ingredients. Stir well and pour mixture over chicken.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 7-9 hours (for high-heat setting 3-4 hours). When chicken is ready,be sure to taste and adjust seasonings before serving.