Slow Cooker Clam Chowder with Potatoes2013-01-20
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 7:30 h
- Ready In : 7:40 h
- 2 strips bacon,cut up
- 2 cans(6½ oz-200 ml each) minced calms,drained and liquid reserved
- 3 potatoes,peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup coarsely crushed carrots
- 10¾ oz (320 ml) cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups (750 ml) light cream
In nonstick skillet,cook bacon strips until crisp. Drain off fat.
Add fresh water to reserved clam liquid to measure 1¾ cups total liquid. Cover drained clams and chill.
Lightly grease inside of slow cooker with cooking spray. In slow cooker,combine reserved clam liquid and vegetables. Stir in mushroom soup and freshly ground black pepper. Add crispy bacon.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 6-7 hours. Gently stir in clams and light cream. Cover and cook for a further 30 minutes. Serve slow cooker clam chowder immediately.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe