Slow Cooker Cowboy Beef2021-03-04
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Main Dish
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Add to favorites
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 12:00 h
- Ready In: 12:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat2.3 g
Trans Fat3.2 g
Unsaturated Fat0.3 g
Slow cooker cowboy beef. One of my favorite and easiest recipes is Cowboy Beef. A simple slow cooker recipe that is full of flavor.
What are the benefits of slow cooker cowboy beef?
Cowboy beef is a dish that has been around for a long time. It is a dish that originated in the American southwest.
The benefits of slow cooker cowboy beef are many. It is very easy to prepare, it is inexpensive, it can be made in bulk, and it tastes great. This dish also freezes well and can be reheated at any time if needed.
Why Is Cowboy Beef Chili One of the World’s Best-Loved Chili Recipes?
Slow cooker recipes are a great way to cook because you don’t have to worry about standing over a stove and stirring the pot. This chili is so easy to make, it doesn’t even require chopping any vegetables!
This mouth-watering chili recipe is made with ground beef, kidney beans, and diced tomatoes. The slow cooker does all the work for you, so there’s no need to stir or chop. It’s perfect for a cold winter day!
Is there any difference between a slow cooker and a crockpot?
There are two types of slow cookers:
1) The first type is the one that has a heating element on the bottom and a pot with a lid on top. This type cooks food by heating it up from the bottom and then slowly transferring heat to the pot. These are usually large pots with lids that can be used as serving dishes as well.
2) The second type of slow cooker is a crockpot, which is usually smaller in size and does not have an electric heating element. It cooks food by using an external heat source such as a stove or oven and then transferring that heat to the crockpot through conduction or convection. Crockpots are usually used for soups, stews, beans, vegetables, etc.
Slow Cooker Cowboy Beef
You may like as well:
Slow Cooker Braised Beef Roast Recipe
Slow Cooker Oyster Soup Recipe
Slow Cooker Beef Stew with Caramelized Onions
- 2 pounds (960 g) boneless beef chuck roast, fat trimmed
- 15 oz (450 ml) can chili beans in chili gravy
- 11 oz (330 ml) cannellini beans ,drained
- 10 oz (300 ml) can diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped canned chipotle chile pepper in adobo sauce
- cooked bacon, crumbled
Place beef chuck roast in a slow cooker.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, except the cooked bacon. Mix well. Pour chili mixture over beef in a slow cooker.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 10-12 hours.
Turn off the slow cooker. Using tongs, transfer cooked beef to a cutting board. Slice meat and arrange in a shallow dish.
Using a slotted spoon, spoon spicy bean mixture over the cooked beef. Drizzle with cooking liquid to moisten. Stir in cooked bacon. Serve hot.