Slow Cooker Ginger-Tomato Chicken
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 7:00 h
- Ready In : 7:20 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
3people rated this recipe
- 12 skinless chicken thighs
- 2 14½ oz (435g) each cans tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooked tapioca
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
- 4 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Place chicken thighs in slow cooker.
Drain a can tomatoes. Chop tomatoes from both cans.
In a medium mixing bowl,combine chopped tomatoes and juice from can and remaining ingredients. Mix well and pour over chicken in slow cooker.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 6-7 hours. Skim fat from sauce.
Remove cooked chicken thighs with sauce from slow cooker. Serve in shallow bowl with couscous or rice.