Slow Cooker Ham and Bean Soup
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 8:00 h
- Ready In : 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(4.6 / 5)
5people rated this recipe
- 2 cups (500 g) dried navy beans,soaked overnight and drained
- 1 medium yellow onion,peeled and diced
- 2 stalks of celery,diced
- 1 tablespoon powdered chicken bouillon
- 1 tablespoon herbes de province
- 1 cup (250 g) cooked ham,chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a slow cooker,combine navy beans,onion,celery,powdered bouillon and herbes de province. Mix well. Add enough water so that the beans are covered with about 1 inch of water.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 8-9 hours. Open the lid,stir soup and check the beans (they should be soft at this point).
Stir in chopped ham and cook for a further 1 hour.