Slow Cooker Italian Sausages with Onions and Peppers2022-09-05
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 5:00 h
- Ready In: 5:10 h
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat2.5 g
Trans Fat0.0 g
Unsaturated Fat0.1 g
Slow cooker Italian sausages with onions and peppers. This Italian sausage recipe is a family favorite. The best part is that it only takes 15 minutes of prep time, and then you can leave it alone for the rest of your day.
5 Benefits of Using a Slow Cooker
Slow cookers are a great appliance to have in the kitchen. They are easy to use and make cooking healthy food easier.
It’s a very time-saving appliance that can help you save money on groceries and make your family healthier.
1. It’s not just for dinner anymore! Slow cookers are great for weekday lunches, weekend breakfasts, or even desserts like apple crisps or cake.
2. You can save time by preparing one dish at a time and then letting it simmer on low heat in the slow cooker all day without having to worry about it burning or overcooking.
3. The temperature is adjustable so if you want your food to be warm when you’re ready, it will be!
What Are Italian Sausages And Peppers?
Italian sausages are usually made with pork, beef, veal, or a combination of these meats. They are then seasoned with herbs and spices and stuffed into natural casings. They can be cooked in a variety of ways including fried, grilled, or boiled.
Peppers are often used as a topping for Italian sausages. Peppers can be either sweet or hot and can be used in any number of different dishes such as sandwiches, salads, pasta dishes, and pizzas.
How to store leftovers from this dish?
Leftovers from this dish can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two days.
What to Serve with Sausages and Peppers
Sausages and peppers are a classic combination. They go well together because both of them are savory and spicy. But what to serve with this dish? For example, you can offer a side salad or mashed potatoes.
Slow Cooker Italian Sausages with Onions and Peppers
You may like as well:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 mild Italian sausages
- 3 large bell peppers, cored and cut into strips
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and sliced into half moons
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and and minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshlyground black pepper
- 1½ cups (375 ml) marinara sauce
In a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add sausages and cook for about 2 minutes per side, until just browned on the outside.
In a 6-quart (6 L) slow cooker, combine the bell peppers, onions, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper. Toss well to coat, then pour the marinara sauce evenly over the vegetables. Place browned sausages on top of the sauce.
Cover the pot and cook on a low-heat setting for 4-5 hours, or until sausages are cooked through.
Turn off the slow cooker and open the lid. Remove cooked sausages and vegetables from the pot and transfer them to a large plate. Pour the sauce over the sausages. Serve hot.