Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Pozole Soup Recipe2021-08-01
- Yield: 4
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 8:00 h
- Ready In: 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
2 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat1.9 g
Trans Fat3.2 g
Unsaturated Fat2.5 g
Slow cooker Mexican chicken pozole soup recipe. Super easy and delicious Mexican pozole Verde soup cooked in a slow cooker. I used Homemade Low-Sodium Chicken Broth, to make this soup.
Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Pozole Soup Recipe
You may like as well:
- 2 pounds (960 g) boneless and skinless chickn thighs
- 4 cups (1 L) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 1 medium poblano pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 30 oz (900 ml) can hominy beans, drained and rinsed
- freshly squeezed juice of 1 lime
- For Toppings:
- fresh cilantro leaves
- lime wedges
- sliced avocado
In a 5-quart (5 L) slow cooker, combine chicken thighs, broth, onion, cumin, poblano, chili powder, oregano, and salt. Mix well.
Cover the pot and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours, or until chicken is tender.
Open the cooker. Using two forks, shred the chicken. Stir in hominy beans and lime juice.
Serve hot, garnished with lime wedges, radishes, and sliced avocado.