Slow Cooker Paleo Chicken Breasts Recipe2022-05-12
- Yield: 4
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 5:00 h
- Ready In: 5:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat2 g
Trans Fat4 g
Unsaturated Fat0.8 h
Slow cooker Paleo chicken breasts recipe. This recipe for Paleo slow cooker chicken breasts is filled with flavor and cooks in just a few hours. It’s the perfect family-friendly dish that’s healthy and full of flavor.
What is the Paleo Diet?
ThePaleo Diet is a healthy meal plan that contains a lot of vegetables and meat. It is a low-carb diet that is supposed to be done in a slow cooker.
It was created by blogger and author, Melissa Hartwig who wanted to create an eating plan that would help her lose weight quickly. The diet consists of lean proteins, lots of vegetables, fruit, healthy fats, and whole grains.
This diet is best for people who are looking for something low-carb and easy to follow.
7 Tips for Successful Slow Cooker Paleo Cooking
Slow cookers are a great way to make healthy, home-cooked meals that can be ready in a few hours. They are easy to use and they require minimal effort on your part.
Some of the best tips for a successful slow cooker recipe include 1. Use your slow cooker for at least four hours before you plan to serve the dish.
2. You will want to add a few easy-to-find items, such as salt and pepper, for the perfect flavor at the end of cooking time.
3. If using dried spices, use two teaspoons for every one teaspoon of ground spices and give them a stir before adding.
4. Consider doubling the recipe if you plan on cooking your protein and vegetables in the slow cooker. This ensures that everything will be fully cooked by the time it is finished cooking
.5. If you are using a vegetarian dish, consider including one or two meat substitutes for those who like their dishes with some meat flavor to them.
6. If you don’t have a slow cooker, you can still make this dish in your regular oven. The cooking times will vary slightly depending on the size of the dish and the cooking time that you choose.
7. If your mouth waters while waiting for your recipe to cook, stir in some chopped parsley or cilantro for a little more flavor!
Slow Cooker Paleo Chicken Breasts Recipe
You may like as well:
- 3-4 large skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 10 oz (300 g) white mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 1 cup (250 ml) Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) reduced-sodium fat free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoons (15 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch combined with 2 tablespoons cold water
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 oz (30 ml) coconut milk
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Place chicken breasts in a 4-5-quart (4-5 L) slow cooker. Top with sliced mushrooms and minced garlic.
In a large mixing bowl, combine Marsala wine, chicken broth, and vinegar. Stir well and pour the wine mixture over the chicken in the slow cooker.
Cover the slow cooker and cook on a low-heat setting for 4-5 hours. Open the lid and stir in the combined cornstarch and water mixture. Cover the slow cooker again and cook for a further 15-30 minutes, or until the liquid thickens.
Stir in coconut milk. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Serve over cooked pasta, mashed potatoes, or cooked rice.