Slow Cooker Paprika Sirloin Beef Stew
- Yield: 4
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 8:00 h
- Ready In: 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
- 1 pound (480 g) boneless beef sirloin steak,fat trimmed and cut into strips
- 1 cup (250 ml) low-sodium fat-free beef broth
- 14 ½ oz (435 ml) can diced tomatoes,undrained
- 4 oz (120 g) yellow onions,peeled and sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- toasted sesame seeds
- red bell pepper,seeded and sliced
Grease nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Add beef and cook,stirring occasionally,until lightly browned.
Transfer browned beef strips to slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients.except sesame seeds,salt and black pepper. Stir well.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours or until beef is tender.
Turn off slow cooker and open the lid. Discard bay leaves. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Stir well.
Transfer cooked sirloin beef stew to serving platter. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds. Serve over mashed potatoes,if desired.