Slow Cooker Peppered Pork and Wine Stew
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 4:00 h
- Ready In : 4:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
Slow cooker peppered pork and wine stew.Pork tenderloin with vegetables and dry white wine cooked in slow cooker.Cubed boneless pork loin can be substituted for the tenderloin for a more economical stew.
- 1 pound (480 g) pork tenderloin,sliced
- 1 cups (250 ml) low-sodium fat-free beef broth
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry white wine
- 1 medium yellow onion,peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic,peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons finely crushed peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In slow cooker , combine pork , beef broth , wine , onion, bell pepper , garlic and peppercorns. Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for 3-4 hours.
In a mixing bowl,combine vinegar,cornstarch and water. Mix well and pour mixture into slow cooker,stirring 2-3 minutes.
Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Sprinkle with chopped chives and serve hot.