Slow Cooker Peppered Pork and Wine Stew
- Yield: 4
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 4:00 h
- Ready In: 4:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Slow cooker peppered pork and wine stew. Pork tenderloin with vegetables and dry white wine cooked in a slow cooker. Cubed boneless pork loin can be substituted for the tenderloin for a more economical stew.
- 1 pound (480 g) pork tenderloin,sliced
- 1 cups (250 ml) low-sodium fat-free beef broth
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry white wine
- 1 medium yellow onion,peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic,peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons finely crushed peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In slow cooker , combine pork , beef broth , wine , onion, bell pepper , garlic and peppercorns. Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for 3-4 hours.
In a mixing bowl,combine vinegar,cornstarch and water. Mix well and pour mixture into slow cooker,stirring 2-3 minutes.
Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Sprinkle with chopped chives and serve hot.