Slow Cooker Pork Tacos
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 8:00 h
- Ready In : 8:15 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3-4 pounds (1.4-1.9 kg) boneless pork
- 1 tablespoon jerk seasoning
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small yellow onion,peeled and sliced
- 1 large orange,peeled and quartered
- 1 cup (250 ml) beef broth
- 5 cups (1.25 kg) shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup (250 g) shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup (180 g) mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (60 g) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 ripe mango,peeled and diced
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 bottle barbecue sauce
Preheat olive oil in a large pan. Add pork and brown on all sides.
Place sliced onion in the bottom of slow cooker. Transfer cooked pork to slow cooker.Sprinkle with jerk seasoning,salt and black pepper. Squeeze orange onto pork and leave orange slices in slow cooker.
Pour beef broth around sides of meat. Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 8 hours.
Discard cooking liquid. Using two forks,shred cooked pork.Place in the bowl.
In a mixing bowl,combine shredded cabbage and carrots.Stir well. Stir in mayonnaise,cilantro,lime juice,sugar,salt and jalapeno.
Place 1/2 cup (125 g) cooked pork on each tortilla,top with cabbage mixture,diced mango and BBQ sauce.