Slow Cooker Recipe: Teriyaki Chicken
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 2:10 h
- Ready In: 2:20 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
- 1 to 1 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- 4 cups hot cooked white or brown rice
- Sesame seeds and chopped scallions, optional
In the slow cooker, mix together soy sauce, molasses, vinegar, ginger, garlic, and pepper.
Place the chicken in the slow cooker and turn a few times to coat well in the soy sauce mixture.
Cook on low for 3-4 hours, turning the chicken about every hour to ensure even cooking. Once cooked, remove the chicken from the slow cooker, cut up into bite sized pieces, and set aside.
Pour the liquid from the slow cooker into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and chicken stock until combined. Slowly add the cornstarch mixture to the boiling liquid and reduce to a simmer.
Allow the sauce to thicken for 2-3 minutes, then add the chicken to the pan. Toss to coat the chicken with the sauce, and let heat through. Serve over rice with vegetables.