Slow Cooker Sausage and Bean Stew
- Yield: 8
- Servings: 8
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 5:00 h
- Ready In: 5:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Slow cooker sausage and bean stew. Sausages with vegetables and greens cooked in slow cooker. Serve this delicious hearty stew with warm bread.
- 1 pound (480 g) reduced-fat smoked sausage,sliced
- 2 cans (15 ½ oz (465 ml) each) Great Norhtern beans,rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14 ½ oz (435 ml) each) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 1 ½ cups chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon savory leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In slow cooker,combine all ingredients,except seasoning. Mix well.
Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for 4-5 hours.
Open slow cooker. Discard bay leaf. Transfer sausage and bean stew to serving platter. Serve hot.