Slow Cooker Tuscan Chicken Stew
- Yield: 6 soup bowls
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 5:00 h
- Ready In: 5:10 h
Average Member Rating
(4.5 / 5)
2 People rated this recipe
Slow cooker Tuscan chicken stew. Cubed chicken breasts with vegetables and dry white wine cooked in slow cooker.This delicious chicken recipe belongs to Italian cuisine.Serve with crusted bread over cooked rice or pasta.
- 1 cup (250 ml) reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth,boiling
- 1 oz (30 g) dried porcini or shiitake mushrooms
- 1 ½ pounds (720 g) boneless and skinless chicken breasts,cubed
- 14 oz (420 ml) can Italian-sesoned diced tomatoes,undrained
- 15 oz (450 ml) can cannellini beans,rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry white wine
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cold water
- 3 carrots,peeled and sliced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Pour boiling chicken broth over mushrooms in small bowl. Allow soaking until mushrooms are softened (about 10 minutes). Drain mushrooms and strain, reserving cooking liquid. Slice soaked mushrooms.
In a slow cooker, combine mushrooms, reserved chicken broth, and remaining ingredients, except cornstarch, water, and seasoning. Stir well. Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for 4-5 hours.
Stir in combined cornstarch and water, stirring 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.