Air Fryer Lamb Meatballs with Tomato Sauce2022-07-20
- Yield: 4
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 20m
- Cook Time: 8m
- Ready In: 28m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat2.5 g
Trans Fat2.3 g
Unsaturated Fat0.6 g
Air fryer lamb meatballs with tomato sauce. Lamb meatballs fried in an air fryer and served with delicious homemade tomato sauce.
Air Fryer Lamb Meatballs with Tomato Sauce
You may like as well:
- To make meatballs:
- 1/2 small yellow onion, peeled and finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 pound (480 g) ground lamb
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg yolk
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- To make tomato sauce:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and smashed
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 28 oz (840 ml) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- salt, to taste
- olive oil
In a large mixing bowl, combine all meatball ingredients. Mix until well combined. Shape the mixture into 1½-inch (4 cm) balls. Set aside.
To make the sauce: In a small sauté pan, combine the butter, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Heat over medium heat until the garlic sizzle, but before the butter browns. Stir in ground cinnamon and tomatoes. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes. Season with salt, to taste.
Preheat your air fryer to 400 F (200 C) for 5 minutes.
Grease the air fryer basket with the olive oil. Arrange the meatballs in a single layer in the greased basket. Fry at 400 F (200 C) for 8 minutes, shaking once during the cooking time.
Remove fried meatballs from the fryer and transfer to a serving plate. Pour the tomato sauce over. Garnish with more chopped parsley. Serve hot.