Oven Baked Fish Pie2013-01-05
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 30m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 1 pound (480 g) smocked haddock
- 2 cups (500 ml) milk
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion,peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 oz (90 g) large cooked peeled shrimp
- 3 oz (90 g) baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup frozen peas,thawed
- 2 hard-boiled eggs,shelled and quartered
- 3 potatoes,peeled,boiled until soft and drained
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a shallow pan,combine smocked haddock and 2 cups of milk. Bring to boil,than reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
In frying pan melt 4 tablespoons butter,than add onion and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the flour and cook for 30 seconds. Remove onion mixture from the heat. Strain the milk form the fish and stir the milk into onion mixture.
Return to the heat and boil,stirring gently,until thickened. Flake the fish and add it to the sauce with shrimp,spinach and peas. Cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes,until hot. Stir in hard-boiled eggs.
In frying pan,melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Combine together melted butter,boiled potato,and remaining milk. Mash well. Season mixture with salt and black pepper to taste.
Put the lower grilling rack in turbo oven. Set oven temperature to 350°F(180°C). Transfer the filling to 8-inch(20 cm) square ovenproof dish and top with potato mixture,covering the filling completely. Cover turbo oven and bake for 20-25 minutes,until the potato mixture has browned. Serve oven baked fish pie hot.