Slow Cooker Apple Crisp2022-11-26
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Dessert
- Skill Level: Advanced
- Add to favorites
- Yield: 10
- Servings: 10
- Prep Time: 30m
- Cook Time: 3:00 h
- Ready In: 3:30 h
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat4.6 g
Trans Fat1.9 g
Unsaturated Fat0.4 g
Slow cooker apple crisp. This apple crisp is cooked in a slow cooker, which means there’s no need to spend time stirring or tending the dish. The house smells amazing while the apples turn into a luscious caramelized mixture.
What is Apple Crisp?
Apple Crisp is a dessert that is often served during the fall and winter seasons. It is another way to use up a lot of apples that are in season. The recipe below will show you how to make this delicious dessert.
The Best Slow Cooker Apples for This Recipe
There are many types of apples available in the market and it can be difficult to know which one is best for cooking. One way to know is by looking at the type of apple, but there are many different types. This article will provide a list of the best apples for cooking in slow cookers and give you some tips on how to use them.
The Best Slow Cooker Apples:
– Honeycrisp Apples: These are sweet and juicy, with a crisp texture that’s perfect for eating raw or cooked. They’re great in salads and desserts, too! They’re ideal for slow cooker recipes because they don’t have much juice so they won’t make your food watery.
– Granny Smith Apples: These can be tart or sweet depending on the variety you get, but they’re always crispy with a nice crunch to them. They’re also delicious when eaten raw or cooked – especially when baked!
The Benefits of Slow-Cooking Apple Crisp
Slow cooking is a great way to save time in the kitchen and still enjoy a nutritious meal.
The slow cooker is an easy, affordable, and efficient way to cook food. It’s also a great way to get dinner on the table without having to spend hours in the kitchen.
Slow cooking is an excellent method for cooking meat or vegetables because it allows you to build flavors and infuse your dish with complex flavors like spices, herbs, and wine.
What to Serve With Apple Crisp
keywords: side dish recipes for apple crisp, dessert recipes for fall
The apple crisp is a dessert that is best served with a side dish. The side dish can be anything from vanilla ice cream to pumpkin pie. This section will discuss some of the most popular side dishes that are served with apple crisp.
Side Dish Recipes for Apple Crisp:
1) Pumpkin Pie – This dessert is perfect for fall and winter months, but it also tastes amazing when paired with apple crisp in the spring and summer.
2) Vanilla Ice Cream – If you are looking for something light and refreshing then ice cream is the perfect option to pair with your favorite dessert.
Slow Cooker Apple Crisp
You may like as well:
Slow Cooker Cranberry-Stuffed Apples
Slow Cooker Stuffed Apples Recipe
Slow Cooker Applesauce Pork Roast Recipe
Slow Cooker Baked Stuffed Apples
Slow Cooker Easy Chunky Applesauce Recipe
- To Make the Apple Filling:
- 6 large apples, peeled and chunked
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- To Make the Crisp Topping:
- 1½ cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup of melted unsalted butter
- To Serve:
- Vanilla ice cream
Place chunked apples in a 6-quart (6 L0 slow cooker. Add the maple syrup, cornstarch, lemon zest, lemon juice, ground cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and kosher salt. Stir well and spread the apples into an even single layer.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the oats, all-purpose flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, ground cinnamon, and salt. Mix well. Pour in the melted butter and stir until moistened. Sprinkle the crisp topping mixture over the top of the apples.
Place a kitchen towel on the top of the cooker and close the lid. Cook on a low-heat setting for 5-7 hours, or until the apples are soft and cooked through.
Turn off the slow cooker and open the lid. Remove the towel. Serve hot with vanilla ice cream.