Slow Cooker Bean Bacon Chowder
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 8:00 h
- Ready In : 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 1½ quarts(1½ L) chicken broth
- 1½ cups dried navy beans,.rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 large cloves garlic,peeled and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1 cup (250 ml) whole milk
- salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
- 8 slices bacon,cooked
In a slow cooker,combine chicken broth,beans,vegetables and herbs. Mix well.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours. Increase heat to high,stir in combined milk and cornstarch. Cook,stirring,for a further 2-3 minutes.
Turn off slow cooker. Season chowder with salt and black pepper. Ladle into soup bowls. Top each bowl with cooked bacon.