Slow Cooker Bean Bacon Chowder2021-03-19
- Yield: 8
- Servings: 8
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 8:00 h
- Ready In: 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat2.2 g
Trans Fat4.3 g
Unsaturated Fat1.2 g
Slow cooker bean bacon chowder is the perfect meal for a cold winter day. Warm-up with this easy-to-make recipe that’s sure to pleasure.
How to Save Time and Money with a Slow Cooker Meal Prep Recipe
Meal prep is a great way to save time and money. But it can be difficult to find the right recipes that fit your lifestyle.
The best way to save time and money is by using a slow cooker meal prep recipe. The slow cooker is an easy appliance to use and you can easily make your own meal prep meal in less than 30 minutes.
Meal prepping helps you save time, eat healthily, and get creative with your meals. It also helps you avoid the temptation of eating out or ordering takeout because you know exactly what ingredients are going into each dish.
7 Ways to Make Beans Appetively Delicious
Beans are a healthy food, but they don’t taste very good on their own. So, to make beans appetizing, you need to add some spices and flavors.
Here are seven ways to make beans appetizingly delicious:
1. Add salt and pepper to the cooking water before adding the beans.
2. Add bacon or sausage for extra flavor.
3. Add garlic and onion for more flavor in the final dish.
4. Add thyme, rosemary, basil, or oregano for more flavor in the final dish.
5. For a sweet flavor, add brown sugar or maple syrup while cooking the beans, and use apple cider vinegar as a substitute for regular vinegar when cooking beans in a slow cooker chowder recipe
6. For a spicy taste, add cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper to the cooking water while cooking beans in the slow cooker chowder recipe It’s that easy. Enjoy!
7. Add beans for extra protein to a vegetarian or vegan dish. This can also be a complete meal by adding vegetables, grains, or even eggs.
Slow Cooker Bean Bacon Chowder
You may like as well:
- 1½ quarts(1½ L) chicken broth
- 1½ cups dried navy beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1 cup (250 ml) whole milk
- salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
- 8 slices bacon, cooked
In a slow cooker, combine chicken broth, beans, vegetables, and herbs. Mix well.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours. Increase heat to high, stir in combined milk and cornstarch. Cook, stirring, for a further 2-3 minutes.
Turn off the slow cooker. Season chowder with salt and black pepper. Ladle into soup bowls. Top each bowl with cooked bacon.