Slow Cooker Beef Soup Recipe
- Yield: 8 soup bowls
- Servings: 8
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 8:00 h
- Ready In: 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
2 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Polysaturated Fat0.54 g
Slow cooker beef soup recipe. Beef chuck roast with vegetables cooked in a slow cooker. Easy and healthy. Are you looking for more easy and delicious slow cooker recipes? We have a huge collection of them, please check it out-
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 pounds (960 g) beef chuck roast
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 4 russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 5 cups (1.25 L) water
- chopped green onions, for garlich
In a large nonstick skillet, heat the canola oil over medium-high heat. Place the meat in a large bowl and season with half of the salt and black pepper. Transfer meat to the hot oil and sear for 5 minutes on each side.
Remove seared beef from the skillet and transfer to the 6-quart (6 L) slow cooker. Add rest of seasoning, vegetables, and bay leaves.
Pour water into thes killet and scrap up any browned bits. Pour the water into the pot.
Cover the cooker and cook on low-hat setting for 8 hours or until beef and vegetables are cooked through.
Turn off the cooker and open the lid. Stir beef soup well. ladle into soup bowls. Sprinkle with chopped green onions. Serve hot.