Slow Cooker Cajun Chicken and Shrimp Creole
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 9:00 h
- Ready In: 9:10 h
Average Member Rating
(3.5 / 5)
2 People rated this recipe
Slow cooker Cajun chicken and shrimp Creole. Chicken thighs with vegetables, shrimp, and spices cooked in a slow cooker.
- 1 pound (480 g) boneless and skinless chicken thighs
- 1 red bell pepper,chopped
- 1 large yellow onion,chopped
- 1 stalk celery,diced
- 15 oz (450 ml) can stewed tomatoes,undrained and chopped
- 1 clove garlic,peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound (480 g) shrimp,peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Louisiana-style hot sauce
Place chicken thighs in slow cooker. Add chopped bell pepper,onion,garlic,celery,tomatoes with juice,sugar,paprika,Cajun seasoning,salt and black pepper. Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 7-9 hours.
Stir in shrimp,lemon juice and hot sauce. Cover and cook on high-heat setting for a further 1 hour or until shrimp are tender.
Serve over hot rice.