Slow Cooker Chicken Breasts with Brandy Sauce2013-06-19
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 6:00 h
- Ready In : 6:10 h
- 2 cups (500 g) mushrooms
- 6 medium boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 oz (90 g) thinly sliced prosciutto,cut into thin bite-size strips
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) brandy
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme,crushed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- half of 8 oz (240 g) package cream cheese,cubed
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) half-and-half
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 yellow onon,peeled and sliced
Place mushrooms in a 4½-quart(4,25l) slow cooker. Sprinkle chicken breasts with black pepper. Place chicken on top of mushrooms. Top with prosciutto strips.
n a small mixing bowl,combine chicken broth,brandy and thyme. Mix well and pour mixture over in slow cooker.
Cover crock pot and cook on low-heat setting for 5-6 hours.
Transfer cooked chicken and mushrooms to a serving platter,reserving cooking liquid. Cover chicken and mushrooms with aluminum foil and keep warm.
For Brandy Sauce: Pour cooking liquid into a medium saucepan. In a mixing bowl,combine cornstarch and the water. Mix well and add mixture to cooking liquid in saucepan.
Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook ,stirring for additional 2 minutes. Add cream cheese and half-and half,whisking until smooth.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe