Slow Cooker Chicken Breasts with Brandy Sauce2021-06-19
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 6:00 h
- Ready In: 6:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat5 g
Trans Fat0 g
Unsaturated Fat2.2 g
Slow cooker chicken breasts with brandy sauce. The perfect side dish for a cozy autumn dinner.
5 of the Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
The slow cooker is one of the best inventions in the kitchen. It is a great way to cook chicken breasts, especially if you are busy and want to come home to a delicious meal. Slow Cooker Chicken Breast Recipes Slow cooker recipes are perfect for busy people who don’t have time to cook. They are also a great way to cook chicken breasts because they stay moist and tender. Here are 5 of the best slow cooker recipes for chicken breasts that you can try at home.
1. Slow Cooker Chicken Breast and Rice This easy slow cooker chicken breast recipe is sure to make your weekdays a little bit easier. It’s made with brown rice, basil, garlic, lemon, tomatoes, and chicken breasts. Serve this Asian-inspired dish on its own or alongside some vegetables.
2. Slow Cooker Chicken Wings Slow cooker recipes are perfect for busy people because they allow you to have dinner ready, even when you’re running late. This slow cooker chicken wing recipe is made with a honey and cayenne spice rub, then it’s baked at 350 degrees until the wings are crispy. Great as an appetizer or a main dish with bread on the side and salad on the side.
3 This stew is easy to throw together in the slow cooker. It makes enough for 6 to 8 people and it’s full of savory spices, carrots, celery, onion, apples, and chicken. Serve this dish with garlic bread or a side salad.
4. Slow Cooker Greek Chicken Pasta is one of the most popular dishes for those who are on a budget, but it can also be made in the slow cooker. This Greek chicken recipe is packed with lemon and olive oil, then it’s simmered until the chicken is tender and juicy. Serve with a side of pasta and breadsticks or salad on the side to round out your meal.
5. Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Soup This is a light soup that you can make with ingredients that you probably already have on hand. It’s also a good recipe to make when fall weather starts to hit as the squash, apple, and ginger flavors are warming your belly.
Slow Cooker Chicken Breasts with Brandy Sauce
You may like as well:
- 2 cups (500 g) mushrooms
- 6 medium boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 oz (90 g) thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into thin bite-size strips
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) brandy
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- half of 8 oz (240 g) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) half-and-half
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 yellow onon, peeled and sliced
Place mushrooms in a 4½-quart(4,25l) slow cooker. Sprinkle chicken breasts with black pepper. Place chicken on top of mushrooms. Top with prosciutto strips.
n a small mixing bowl, combine chicken broth, brandy, and thyme. Mix well and pour mixture over in slow cooker.
Cover crockpot and cook in a low-heat setting for 5-6 hours.
Transfer cooked chicken and mushrooms to a serving platter, reserving cooking liquid. Cover chicken and mushrooms with aluminum foil and keep warm.
For Brandy Sauce: Pour cooking liquid into a medium saucepan. In a mixing bowl, combine cornstarch and water. Mix well and add the mixture to the cooking liquid in the saucepan.
Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook, stirring for a further 2 minutes. Add cream cheese and half-and-half, whisking until smooth.