Slow Cooker Chicken Breasts with Creamy Gravy2022-02-26
- Yield: 4
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 5:00 h
- Ready In: 5:10 h
Average Member Rating
(4.7 / 5)
3 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat2.5 g
Trans Fat4.6 g
Unsaturated Fat1.4 g
Slow cooker chicken breasts with creamy gravy. Chicken breasts, cream of chicken soup, olive oil, and chicken gravy mix come together in a savory dish that’s perfect for weeknight dinners.
What are the benefits of using a slow cooker?
A slow cooker is a cooking appliance that cooks food by sealing the food in an airtight container with a heat source. Its low-and-slow cooking method produces moist, tender, and flavorful dishes.
The benefits of using a slow cooker include:
– Time-saving: This appliance can cook for 8 hours on low heat or 4 hours on high heat.
– Less mess: The slow cooker doesn’t require constant attention from the cook and it can be set to automatically turn off when it reaches the desired temperature.
– Flavorful results: The slow cooker also makes meals taste more flavorful because there is no risk of burning food.
What is the Best Way to Prepare and Serve Slow Cooked Chicken Breasts
Slow-cooked chicken breasts are a delicacy that is not only easy to make but also tastes delicious. Here is how you can prepare and serve it.
When you want to prepare a slow-cooked chicken breast, start by prepping the chicken breasts. Rinse them under cold water and pat them dry with paper towels or a clean dishcloth. Make sure that the breasts are completely dry before cooking them in a crockpot so they do not become soggy.
For each breast, use your hands to separate it into two halves by gently pulling on the meat from the center of the breast until there is an opening in one side of the meat (a pocket). This will help make room for more flavor to infuse into your dish as well as help prevent overcooking.
Slow Cooker Chicken Breasts with Creamy Gravy
You may like as well:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2/3 oz (20 g) Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 oz (30 g) chicken gravy mix
- 10 ¾ oz (325 ml) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
Lightly grease the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
Arrange chicken breasts in one layer in the slow cooker. Sprinkle with Italian salad dressing mix, onion, and garlic powders.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 4 hours.
Stir in chicken bouillon. Pour cream of chicken soup over chicken breasts. Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for a further 1 hour.
Using tongs, remove cooked chicken from the slow cooker, reserving cooking liquid. Transfer meat to a serving platter.
In a small mixing bowl, combine chicken gravy mix with 1 cup (250 ml) water. Mix well and pour gravy mixture into slow cooker. Stir well.
Pour creamy gravy over the cooked chicken. Serve over the cooked pasta or mashed potatoes.