Slow Cooker Chicken-Lime Soup
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 8:00 h
- Ready In : 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 8 cups (2 L) chicken broth
- 1 ½ pounds (720 g) boneless and skinless chicken breast,cubed
- 1 cup(250 ml) puréed or crushed canned tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 corn tortillas,cut into wedges
- vegetable cooking spray
- lime slices,as garnish
- shredded cheese,as garnish
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a slow cooker,combine chicken broth,chicken and vegetables. Mix well.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours. Stir chopped cilantro and lime juice during last 30 minutes to cook. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Spray tortillas with cooking spray and toss. Cook in lightly greased nonstick skillet over medium heat until browned and crisp.
Add cooked tortilla wedges to soup bowls. Ladle soup over. garnish with lime slices and sprinkle with shredded cheese.