Slow Cooker Chipotle Chicken Breasts2017-02-18
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 4:00 h
- Ready In : 4:10 h
Slow cooker chipotle chicken breasts. This delicious chicken breasts recipe belongs to Mexican Cuisine. Chicken breasts with spices and vegetables cooked in slow cooker. Serve slow cooker chipotle chicken breasts with with warm tortillas,if desired.Adapted from http://carlsbadcravings.com
- 2 pounds (960 g) boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) mild salsa
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 14 oz (420 ml) can mild diced green chilies
- 14 ½ oz (435 ml) can diced tomatoes,drained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chili pepper
- hot sauce to taste
Brush chicken breasts with olive oil. Arrange in the bottom of slow cooker.
Add remaining ingredients,except hot sauce. Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 6-7 hours or until chicken breasts are tender and easy to shred.
Turn off slow cooker. Using a tongs,remove chicken breasts from cooker. Transfer to cutting board. Allow to to cool for 5 minutes. Using two forks,shred meat. Return shredded chicken to slow cooker.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low heat setting for a further 20 minutes. Drain all excess liquid. Serve with warm tortillas,if desired.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe