Slow Cooker Chipotle Chicken Breasts
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 4:00 h
- Ready In: 4:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Slow cooker chipotle chicken breasts. This delicious chicken breasts recipe belongs to Mexican Cuisine. Chicken breasts with spices and vegetables cooked in a slow cooker. Serve slow cooker chipotle chicken breasts with warm tortillas, if desired. Adapted from http://carlsbadcravings.com
- 2 pounds (960 g) boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) mild salsa
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 14 oz (420 ml) can mild diced green chilies
- 14 ½ oz (435 ml) can diced tomatoes,drained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chili pepper
- hot sauce to taste
Brush chicken breasts with olive oil. Arrange in the bottom of slow cooker.
Add remaining ingredients,except hot sauce. Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 6-7 hours or until chicken breasts are tender and easy to shred.
Turn off slow cooker. Using a tongs,remove chicken breasts from cooker. Transfer to cutting board. Allow to to cool for 5 minutes. Using two forks,shred meat. Return shredded chicken to slow cooker.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low heat setting for a further 20 minutes. Drain all excess liquid. Serve with warm tortillas,if desired.