Slow Cooker Chocolate-Coffee Cake
- Cuisine: Australian
- Course: Breakfast, Dessert
- Skill Level: Beginner, Child Friendly
- Add to favorites
- Servings : 12
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 4:30 h
- Ready In : 4:40 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter,room temperature
- 1 ½ cups (370 g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (250 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 g) Dutch process cacao
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 1-2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1/3 cup (80 g) reduced-fat sour cream
- Coffee Glaze (see recipe below)
In a mixing bowl,combine butter and sugar. Beat until fluffy. Beat in eggs,one at a time,beating well after each addition. Stir in combined dry ingredients alternatively with combined coffee,boiling water and sour cream,beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
Pour batter into greased and floured 6-cup fluted pan. Arrange pan on rack in 6-quart (6L) slow cooker. Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for 4-4 ½ hours or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Remove cake from slow cooker and cool on wire rack 10 minutes. Invert cake onto rack and cool. Drizzle with Coffee Glaze and serve.
Coffee Glaze Ingredients: 3/4 cup (180 g) powdered sugar 1 tablespoon unsalted butter,melted 2-3 tablespoons strong brewed coffee
In a mixing bowl,combine sugar,butter and enough coffee to make glaze consistency.