Slow Cooker Creamy Potato-Leek Soup
- Yield: 10-12 soup bowls
- Servings: 10-12
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 7:00 h
- Ready In: 7:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Slow cooker creamy potato-leek soup. This is very easy and delicious vegetable soup cooked in a slow cooker. Add this recipe to your collection.
- 3 cups (750 ml) water
- 1.8 oz (50 g) envelope white sauce mix
- 28 oz (840 g) package frozen losse-pack diced hash brown potatoes with onion and peppers
- 3 medium leeks, sliced
- 1 cup (250 g) diced Canadian-style bacon
- 12 oz (360 ml) can evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dillweed
- 8 oz (240 ml) carton dairy sour cream
- sliced leek
In a slow cooker, combine water and white sauce mix. Stir until smooth.
Stir in frozen potatoes, leeks, evaporated milk, and dillweed. Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 7-9 hours.
Switch to high heat. In a medium mixing bowl, combine 2 cups potato mixture and sour cream. Stir well and return mixture to slow cooker. Cover slow cooker and cook for a further 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook bacon in a small nonstick skillet until brown and crisp.
Remove cooked potato-leek soup from the slow cooker. Ladle into soup bowls. Sprinkle with cooked bacon and serve immediately.