Slow Cooker Mango Ginger Pork Roast2013-09-17
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 11:00 h
- Ready In : 11:10 h
- 4 pounds (1.700 kg) pork shoulder roast
- 1/2-1 teaspoon ground ginger
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups (500 ml) mango salsa
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) apricot preserves
- hot cooked rice
Season pork shoulder roast with ground ginger,salt and black pepper. Place seasoned pork in 4-6 quart(4-6 L) slow cooker.
Meanwhile,in a mixing bowl,combine mango salsa,honey and apricot preserves. Mix well and pour mango mixture over seasoned pork roast.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours. Turn slow cooker to high-heat setting and cook for 3-4 hours more or until roast is tender.
Serve slow cooker mango ginger pork roast over hot cooked rice.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe