Slow Cooker Potato Soup
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 8:20 h
- Ready In : 8:35 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
Slow cooker potato soup.Delicious potato soup with bacon cooked in slow cooker
- 3 bacon slices
- 3 pounds(1.5 kg) potatoes,peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup(125 ml) water
- 2(14½ oz(355ml)) cans fat-free chicken broth
- 2 cups(500 ml) 1% low-fat milk
- 1 cup(250 g) shredded cheddar cheese,divided
- salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
- 1/2 cup(125 g) light sour cream
- 4 teaspoons chopped chives
- 1 cup(250 g) chopped onion
In a large nonstick skillet,cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove cooked bacon bacon from the skillet,reserving 2 teaspoons drippings. Crumble bacon.
Add chopped onion to drippings in the skillet. Saute until tender(about 3 minutes).
In greased 5-quart(5 L) slow cooker,combine potatoes ,cooked onion,water and chicken broth. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.Stir well. Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 8 hours or until potatoes are tender.
Using a masher,mash potato mixture. Stir in milk and 3/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese. Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for 20 minutes.
Ladle soup into a bowls. Top with sour cream and remaining cheddar cheese. Sprinkle with bacon and chopped chives. Serve hot.