Slow Cooker Shrimp and Black Bean Soup
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 5:00 h
- Ready In: 5:15 h
Average Member Rating
(4 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Slow cooker shrimp and black bean soup. Delicious Mexican soup with shrimp and black beans cooked in slow cooker.
- 3 cans(14½ oz(435 g)) fat-free chicken broth
- 2 cans(15 oz(450 g) each) black beans,rinsed and drained
- 2 onions,peeled and chopped
- 2 tomatoes,cut into wedges
- 4 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 oz(240 g) shrimp,peeled and deveined
- slat and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
- chopped fresh cilantro,as garnish
In slow cooker,combine all ingredients,except seasoning,cilantro and shrimp. Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 4-5 hours. Add shrimp during last 15 minutes.
Discard bay leaf. Season to taste with slat and black pepper.
Ladle soup into a bowls. Sprinkle each bowl with chopped fresh cilantro.