Slow Cooker Smoked Sausage Chowder
- Servings: 5-6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 4:00 h
- Ready In: 4:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
- 1/4 pound (120 g) Polish kielbasa,chopped
- 1 cup (250ml) mild green chile picante sauce
- 1 clove garlic,peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium ripe tomato chopped
- 14 ½ oz (435 ml) can fat-free chicken broth
- 15 ½ (475 ml) can garbanzo beans,drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup instant rice
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon crushed dried red pepper flakes
In a slow cooker,combine all ingredients. Mix well.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 3-4 hours or until rice is tender.
Remove cooked sausage chowder from slow cooker. ladle into soup bowls and serve immediately.