Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 6:00 h
- Ready In : 6:10 h
Average Member Rating
(2.8 / 5)
4people rated this recipe
- 8 boneless and skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup (250 ml) orange juice
- 17 oz (510 ml) can waterpack sliced peaches,drained
Grease slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
Place chicken breasts in slow cooker.
In a mixing bowl,combine vinegar,nutmeg,basil,orange juice and brown sugar. Mix well and pour orange mixture over chicken.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 6 hours.
Remove cooked chicken breasts from slow cooker,reserving cooking liquid. Transfer to serving platter.
Turn slow cooker to high. Stir peaches into reserved liquid. When warm,spoon sauce over chicken. Serve with cooked rice.