Slow Cooker Tortellini-Sausage Soup
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 8:00 h
- Ready In : 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 2 14½ oz (435 g each) cans sliced tomatoes with basil,garlic and oregano,undrained
- 2 14½ (435 ml each) cans chicken broth
- 12 oz (360 g) smoked cooked chicken sausage,cubed
- 10 oz (30 ml) package frozen baby lima beans
- 1 large yellow onion,peeled and cut into rings
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 9 oz (270 g) package refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- Finely shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
In a slow cooker.combine tomatoes,chicken broth,sausage,beans,onion,garlic and water. Stir well.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 8-10 hours.
Switch heat to high and stir in tortellini. Cover and cook for a further 15 minutes or until tortellini are tender. Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese and serve.