Slow Cooker Veal Stew with Wine2022-11-03
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 8:00 h
- Ready In: 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(4.3 / 5)
6 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat1.6 g
Trans Fat0 g
Unsaturated Fat1.0 g
Slow cooker veal stew with wine. Veal stew with dry white wine and vegetables cooked in a slow cooker. Chicken breasts can be substituted for veal in this delicious recipe. Serve it over mashed potatoes with warm crusty bread. I used homemade chicken broth to make this yummy recipe.
Slow Cooker Veal Stew with Wine
- 1 ½ pounds (760 g) boneless veal leg, cubed
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry white wine
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a slow cooker, combine cubed veal, broth, tomato sauce, wine, onion, and garlic. Cover and cook on a low-heat setting for 6-8 hours.
Add peas, turn the heat to high, and cook for a further 10 minutes. Stir in combined cornstarch and water, stirring for 2-3 minutes.
Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Serve slow cooker veal stew with wine hot.