Slow Cooker Veal Stew with Wine
- Yield : 6
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 8:00 h
- Ready In : 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
Slow cooker veal stew with wine. Veal stew with dry white wine and vegetables cooked in a slow cooker. Chicken breasts can be substituted for the veal in this delicious recipe. Serve it over mashed potatoes with warm crusty bread.
- 1 ½ pounds (760 g) boneless veal leg,cubed
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry white wine
- 1 yellow onion,peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic,peeled and minced
- 1 cup frozen peas,thawed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
In slow cooker,combine cubed veal,,broth,tomato sauce,wine,onion and garlic. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours.
Add peas,turn heat to high and cook for additional 10 minutes. Stir in combined cornstarch and water,stirring 2-3 minutes.
Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Serve slow cooker veal stew with wine hot.