Slow Cooker Veal Stew with Wine
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 8:00 h
- Ready In : 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
Slow cooker veal stew with wine.Veal stew with dry white wine and vegetables cooked in slow cooker.Chicken breasts can be substituted for the veal in this delicious recipe.Serve it over mashed potatoes with warm crusty bread.
- 1 ½ pounds (760 g) boneless veal leg,cubed
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry white wine
- 1 yellow onion,peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic,peeled and minced
- 1 cup frozen peas,thawed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
In slow cooker,combine cubed veal,,broth,tomato sauce,wine,onion and garlic. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours.
Add peas,turn heat to high and cook for additional 10 minutes. Stir in combined cornstarch and water,stirring 2-3 minutes.
Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Serve slow cooker veal stew with wine hot.