Slow Cooker Jalapeno Bacon Chicken Breasts2016-03-22
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 6:00 h
- Ready In : 6:20 h
Slow cooker jalapeno bacon chicken breasts.Chicken breasts with jalapeno chile slices cooked in slow cooker and served with delicious homemade creamy sauce.Cream cheese makes the tantalizing sauce for this jalapeno-seasoned chicken extra rich.
- 6 bone-in breast halves,or chicken pieces,skinned
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) bottled pickled jalapeno chile slices,drained
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 8 oz (240 g) package cream cheese,softened and cubed
- 2 strips bacon,crisp-cooked and crumbled
Sprinkle chicken with chili powder. Place chicken,bone side down,in slow cooker. Pour chicken broth and lemon juice around chicken. Top with jalapeno chile slices.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 5-6 hours.
Transfer cooked chicken and jalapeno chile slices to serving platter,reserving cooking liquid. Cover with aluminum foil and keep warm.
In a small mixing bowl,combine cornstarch and cold water. Stir cornstarch mixture into reserved cooking liquid in slow cooker. Add cream cheese and whisk well to combine. Cover slow cooker and cook on high heat setting for a further 15 minutes or until thickened.
Pour creamy sauce over cooked chicken. Sprinkle wit crumbled bacon and serve.
Average Member Rating
(4 / 5)
6 people rated this recipe