Air Fryer Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs Recipe2021-10-15
- Yield: 4
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 12m
- Ready In: 27m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat6.0 g
Trans Fat0.0 g
Unsaturated Fat0.1 g
Air fryer teriyaki chicken meatballs recipe.Tired of eating the same old low-fat, healthy, boring food? Try this recipe for teriyaki chicken meatballs that are focused on flavor and not on fat or calories.
What are Teriyaki Meatballs?
Teriyaki meatballs are savory meatballs that are coated in a sticky-sweet sauce. The dish originates from Japan and is traditionally made with ground beef, but you can also use ground chicken or turkey. Teriyaki sauce is used to coat the outside of the meatball, while soy sauce and mirin are typically used to create the teriyaki marinade
Top 3 Teriyaki Sauces in the Market for an Air Fryer Recipe
The Teriyaki Sauces market is a competitive one, but there are some brands that have managed to stand out from the rest.
1. Kikkoman Soy Sauce – The Kikkoman Soy Sauce is made from soybeans and is aged for 18 months in cedar wood barrels before bottling. This sauce has a salty taste, which makes it perfect for cooking meat or seafood dishes and adding flavor to rice dishes as well.
2. Yamasa Teriyaki Marinade – This sauce has a more sweet taste than a salty one due to its added sugar, mirin, and sake. It is made from natural ingredients that give it a rich teriyaki flavor.
3. Knorr Teriyaki Sauce – The Knorr Teriyaki Sauce is also a sweet sauce with added sugar, honey, molasses, and vinegar as well. This sauce has the best balance of both sweet and salty flavors due to its added sugar, vinegar, tamarind, and honey.
Air Fryer Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs Recipe
You may like as well:
- 2 pounds (960 g) ground chicken
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup diced green onions
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely diced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup (250 ml) pineapple teriyaki marinade
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- sesame seeds, for garnish
Preheat your air fryer to 400 F (200 C) for 5 minutes.
In a large mixing bowl, combine ground chicken, breadcrumbs, beaten egg, green onions, mayonnaise, garlic, and seasoning. Mix well.
Scoop about 3 tablespoons of chicken mixture into your hands. Create the meatballs. Continue with the remaining mixture.
Place the meatballs in a single layer in the air fryer basket (you may need to work in batches). Fry at 400 F (200 C) for 12-15 minutes, shaking once halfway through.
In a small mixing bowl, combine cornstarch and water. Mix until cornstarch dissolved completely. Set aside.
Pour the teriyaki marinade into a large saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Stir in the cornstarch flurry. Continue cooking and stirring for a further 2-3 minutes, or until the sauce begins to thicken.
Remove fried chicken meatballs from the fryer and transfer them to a serving plate. Pour the sauce over. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve hot.