Pressure Cooker Chicken Ragout
- Yield: 4
- Servings: 4-6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 7m
- Ready In: 17m
Average Member Rating
(3.5 / 5)
2 People rated this recipe
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 oz (240 g) pancetta,chopped
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 2 pounds (960 g) boneless and skinless chicken thighs, trimmed and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry white wine (Chardonnay excellent fits)
- 1 ½ cups (370 ml) chicken broth
- 6 tablespoons golden raisins
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons loosely packed fresh sage leaves,minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 pound spaghetti,cooked and drained
In a pressure cooker, melt butter over medium heat. Add chopped pancetta, onion, and carrots. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion softens (about 5 minutes).
Add finely chopped chicken and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until meat lightly browned (about 4 minutes). Pour in dry white wine. Scrap up any browned bits on the bottom of pressure cooker.
Add remaining ingredients. Stir well until tomato paste dissolves.
Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set the burner heat to high pressure. When pressure cooker riches high pressure, reduce heat to low. Set timer to cook for 7 minutes.
Unlock and carefully open pressure cooker. Bring sauce to a simmer. Cook, stirring, until lightly thickened (for about 5 minutes).
Remove chicken ragout from pressure cooker. Transfer to serving platter. Serve over cooked spaghetti.