Pressure Cooker Moules Dijonnaise
- Servings : 3
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 4m
- Ready In : 14m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots,minced
- 1 small leek(white parts only) trimmed,cut in half lengthwise,rinsed well and thinly sliced across
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic,peeled and chopped
- 1 cup (250 ml) dry white wine
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 4-6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 pounds 91/3 kg) mussels,rinsed
- 1 ½ cups (370 ml) heavy cream
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup 980 ml) whole-grain mustard
In a pressure cooker,heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the shallots and leek.Season with salt and black pepper. Cook,stirring,until vegetables are soft and fragrant,but not golden,for about 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low and stir in chopped garlic,stirring it for about 45 seconds. Stir in dry white wine,water and thyme.Bring to a boil,then simmer for 3 minutes. Add mussels.
Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set burner heat to high pressure. When pressure cooker reaches high pressure,reduce heat to low. Set timer to cook for 4 minutes.
Remove pot from the heat. Carefully open pressure cooker. Discard any mussels that have not opened.
Using a tongs,transfer mussels to a serving platter. Discard the thyme.
Stir heavy cream and mustards into the broth in the pot. Mix until well combined. Pour mustard mixture over cooked mussels. Serve immediately.