Pressure Cooker Moules Dijonnaise2016-05-16
- Servings : 3
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 4m
- Ready In : 14m
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots,minced
- 1 small leek(white parts only) trimmed,cut in half lengthwise,rinsed well and thinly sliced across
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic,peeled and chopped
- 1 cup (250 ml) dry white wine
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 4-6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 pounds 91/3 kg) mussels,rinsed
- 1 ½ cups (370 ml) heavy cream
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup 980 ml) whole-grain mustard
In a pressure cooker,heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the shallots and leek.Season with salt and black pepper. Cook,stirring,until vegetables are soft and fragrant,but not golden,for about 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low and stir in chopped garlic,stirring it for about 45 seconds. Stir in dry white wine,water and thyme.Bring to a boil,then simmer for 3 minutes. Add mussels.
Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set burner heat to high pressure. When pressure cooker reaches high pressure,reduce heat to low. Set timer to cook for 4 minutes.
Remove pot from the heat. Carefully open pressure cooker. Discard any mussels that have not opened.
Using a tongs,transfer mussels to a serving platter. Discard the thyme.
Stir heavy cream and mustards into the broth in the pot. Mix until well combined. Pour mustard mixture over cooked mussels. Serve immediately.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe