Slow Cooker Beef Tips with Gravy2021-06-21
- Cuisine: Canadian
- Course: Main Dish
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Add to favorites
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 8:00 h
- Ready In: 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat3.6 g
Trans Fat3.9 g
Unsaturated Fat0.4 g
Slow cooker beef tips with gravy. This beef tips with gravy recipe will be your new favorite. It is so easy and tastes delicious. In fact, it’s one of the best recipes for a beef roast!
Tips for Ideal Slow Cooker Beef Tips with Gravy
The following are some tips for slow cooker beef tips with gravy.
1. Use a large crock pot or a Dutch oven with a lid and fill it about halfway with water.
2. Put the beef in the crock pot or Dutch oven, then add all of the other ingredients except for the flour and water to make the sauce. You can use a variety of sauces such as tomato sauce, steak sauce, ketchup, or brown sugar for this recipe.
3. Add flour and water to make a roux to thicken the sauce if desired.
4. Cook on low heat for 6-8 hours until beef is tender enough to fall apart easily when pulled with two forks or until vegetables are cooked through and tender as well.
5. When nearly done, add the crushed red pepper flakes, black pepper, and parsley to taste.
The Best Slow Cooker Tips for Beef and What to Serve Them With
The 10 Best Slow Cooker Recipes for Beef and What to Serve Them With There are many ways to cook beef, but slow-cooking it in a crock pot or oven is the best way to go. This is because the meat can be cooked for hours without drying out, and it’s also easy for the cook to set up the meal in advance of serving. Slow cooking beef requires little prep work and only a few minutes of hands-on time.
You can even use frozen meat if you don’t have time to defrost it. The best cuts of beef for this method are chuck roasts, short ribs, brisket, and blade steaks. The best vegetables to cook in a slow cooker with beef are potatoes, carrots, onions, and celery.
You can also add bell peppers, peas, and string beans to the cooking pot for a little extra color. Your slow-cooker beef will fall apart when it’s done so don’t worry about pushing the meat around in order to thicken the sauce. Many vegetables will thicken a beef-based sauce on their own.
You can also make a quick gravy from the strained juices in the slow-cooker pot. In a crockpot, you should place your beef at the bottom of your cooker with aromatics (onions and garlic) on top of it because they will flavor the meat. This is usually done for soups but it applies to any slow-cooked dish. I hope these tips help you out.
Slow Cooker Beef Tips with Gravy
You may like as well:
Crockpot Thick and Chunky Beef Stew Recipe
Slow Cooker Classic Rouladen Recipe
Slow Cooker Braised Beef Roast Recipe
- 2 pounds (960 g) boneless beef chuck roast,cut into 2-inch (5cm) chunks
- 1 package dry beefy onion soup mix
- 10 ½ oz (315 g) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can beef consume
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (500 ml) beef cooking liquid
In a slow cooker, combine soup mix, beef consumption, dried thyme, and black pepper. Mix well. Add beef chunks and stir to coat.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours.
In a medium pot, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add all-purpose flour and whisk until all the flour is mixed into the butter. Gently stir in 2 cups (500 ml) of cooking liquid from a slow cooker. Bring to a simmer and remove from the heat.
Using a slotted spoon, remove cooked beef from the slow cooker. Pour gravy over the meat and serve immediately.