Slow Cooker Beef Tips with Gravy
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 8:00 h
- Ready In: 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
- 2 pounds (960 g) boneless beef chuck roast,cut into 2-inch (5cm) chunks
- 1 package dry beefy onion soup mix
- 10 ½ oz (315 g) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can beef consume
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (500 ml) beef cooking liquid
In a slow cooker,combine soup mix,beef consume,dried thyme and black pepper. Mix well. Add beef chunks and stir to coat.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours.
In a medium pot,melt butter over medium-high heat. Add all-purpose flour and whisk until all of the flour is mixed into the butter. Gently stir in 2 cups (500 ml) of cooking liquid from slow cooker.Bring to a simmer and remove from the heat.
Using a slotted spoon,remove cooked beef from slow cooker. Pour gravy over meat and serve immediately.