Slow Cooker Bermuda Fish Chowder2017-03-21
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 8:00 h
- Ready In : 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
Slow cooker Bermuda fish chowder. Cubed fish with vegetables and spices cooked in slow cooker.Use lean fish fillets,such as whitefish,flounder,haddock or cod for this recipe.Tomatoes give a wonderful flavor to this delicious fish chowder.
- 4 cups (1 L) fish stock
- 14½ oz (435 ml) can Italian plum tomatoes,undrained
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) catsup or ketchup
- 2 small smoked pork hocks
- 3 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 ½ teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 pound (480 g) lean fish fillets
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a slow cooker,combine all ingredients,except fish and seasoning. Mix well.
Cover slow cooker and on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours. Add fish in a last 15 minutes to cook.
Turn off slow cooker. Discard bay leaves and pork hocks. Season fish chowder with with salt and black pepper. ladle into soup bowls. Serve hot.