Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Servings : 8-10
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 8:00 h
- Ready In : 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 1 pound (480 g) boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 15 oz (450 g) can whole corn kernels,drained
- 15 oz (450 g) can diced tomatoes,drained
- 5 cups (1.25 L) chicken stock
- 1 medium yellow onion,peeled and chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper,seeded and chopped
- 1 serrano pepper,seeded,deveined and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Monterey Jack cheese,shredded
- Tortilla chips
In a slow cooker,combine all ingredients,except cheese and tortilla chips. Stir well.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low0heat setting for 8 hours.
Using a tongs,remove cooked chicken breasts from slow cooker. Transfer to serving platter.Using the paddle attachment ,on low speed,shred chicken. Return shredded chicken to slow cooker and stir well.
Ladle chicken soup into soup bowls. Top with shredded cheese and tortilla chips. Enjoy!