Slow Cooker Coq au Vin
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 8:10 h
- Ready In: 8:20 h
Average Member Rating
(1.8 / 5)
9 People rated this recipe
Slow cooker coq au vin. Traditional French meal cooked in a slow cooker.
- 6 chicken breasts, boned, skinned ,and halved
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup( 125 ml) Burgundy wine
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup (250 g) frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 8 oz(240 g) small mushrooms
- 6 small new potatoes, cut into halves
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1-2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2-4 tablespoons fresh cold water
- salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients, except cornstarch, water, and seasoning. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours.
Turn heat to high and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
In a small mixing bowl, combine cornstarch and water. Stir well until cornstarch is dissolved.
Add cornstarch mixture to slow cooker and cook, stirring 2-3 minutes.
Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Serve slow cooker coq au vin with cooked pasta.