Slow Cooker Corn Chowder
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 8:00 h
- Ready In : 8:15 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 6 large potatoes,peeled and diced
- 14 ¾ (430 g) can cream of corn
- 15 ¼ oz (460 g) whole kernel corn
- 2 cups (500 ml) low sodium chicken broth
- 8 oz 9240 g) diced pancetta
- 1 large yellow onion,peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons salt and 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 g) unsalted butter
- 2 cups (500 g) half-and-half
In a slow cooker,combine diced potatoes,cream of corn,corn kernels,chicken broth,pancetta and diced onion. Stir well. Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 7 hours or until potatoes are tender.
Stir in butter and half-and-half. Cook for a further 30 minutes.
Remove from slow cooker and serve immediately.