Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken and Spinach Lasagne2021-02-16
- Cuisine: Italian
- Course: Main Dish
- Skill Level: Advanced
- Add to favorites
- Yield: 4
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 3:00 h
- Ready In: 3:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat1.1 g
Trans Fat0.1 g
Unsaturated Fat0.1 g
Slow cooker creamy chicken and spinach lasagne. Creamy spinach and chicken lasagne, made in your slow cooker. A great one-pot meal with tender noodles and rich creamy sauce.
What is a creamy chicken and spinach lasagne?
This is a lasagne dish that is cooked for a long time in the slow cooker. It’s a great dish for those who want to cook something delicious but don’t have much time.
The creamy chicken and spinach lasagne is made with delicious ingredients such as pasta sauce, chicken, red pepper flakes, lasagna noodles, and cheese. It’s layered with chopped spinach and cooked in the slow cooker for around three hours.
How to Make the Lasagne Pasta Dough
This is a simple recipe that you can use to make lasagne pasta dough. All you need is flour, salt, eggs, and olive oil.
– 4 cups of all-purpose flour
– 4 eggs
– 2 tablespoons of salt
– 1/2 cup of olive oil
1. In a large bowl, mix together the flour and salt. Make a well in the center and add the eggs to it.
2. Gradually, draw in some of the dry ingredients into the eggs with your hands until they are blended. Add olive oil to just cover the mixture and gradually form a dough with your hands or bread machines on a slow setting.
3. Knead the dough into a ball. Wrap it in plastic wrap and let it rest for at least an hour before rolling out. If you don’t plan on using the dough right away, store it in the refrigerator for up to two days or freeze it for up to three months.
Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken and Spinach Lasagne
You may like as well:
Slow Cooker German Pea Soup Recipe
Slow Cooker Braised Beef Roast Recipe
Slow Cooker Oyster Soup Recipe
- 1¼ cups mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 10 oz (300 ml) Alfredo pasta sauce
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) cold water
- 4 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 10 oz (300 g) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1½ cups cooked diced chicken
In a small mixing bowl, combine 1 cup mozzarella cheese, ricotta, oregano, and rep pepper flakes. Mix well and set aside.
In a blender, blend Alfredo sauce with water and set aside.
Spray 4½-quart(4½ L) slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
Break two lasagne noodles in half and arrange on bottom of slow cooker. Spread half of the ricotta mixture over noodles. Top with half of the chopped spinach.
Arrange half of the diced chicken and half of Parmesan cheese over spinach. Pour half of Alfredo mixture over top.
Repeat layers, beginning with noodles and ending with Alfredo mixture.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 3 hours.
Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese on top. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes until cheese is melted. To serve, cut into squares. Enjoy!