Slow Cooker Italian Beef Sandwiches
- Servings: 10-12
- Prep Time: 30m
- Cook Time: 8:00 h
- Ready In: 8:30 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano,chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil,chopped
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 2-3 cups (500 -750 ml) beef broth
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 2/3 oz (20 g) dried Italian salad dressing mix
- 5 pounds (2,4 kg) beef chuck roast
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a medium sauce pan,combine all ingredients,except meat. Stir well and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Remove from the heat and set aside.
Place beef chuck roast in slow cooker. Pour mixture over meat. Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 4-5 hours or until beef is cooked through.
DIskard the bay leaf. Using a tongs,remove cooked meat from slow cooker. Using a two forks,shred beef.
Return shredded meat to slow cooker and cook for a further 1 hour. Remove from slow cooker and serve on Italian bread with pickled cucumbers.