Slow Cooker Kale and Chorizo Soup
- Servings : 4-6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 7:00 h
- Ready In : 7:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 1 ½ cups (370 g) diced onions
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 red potatoes,peeled,halved and sliced into 1/4 -inch (0.6 cm) thick
- 8 cups (2L) gluten free chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups (370 g) cooked dark red kidney beans, rinsed
- 2 ½ cups (625 g) chopped tomatoes
- 12 oz (360 g) precooked chicken chorizo sausages,halved and cut into 1/4-inch (0.6 cm) slices
- 1 bunch of kale,deveined and sliced into strips
Heat olive oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and saute until soft. Stir in paprika and cayenne pepper. Cook,stirring,for about 1 minute.
Deglaze pan with 1 cup (250 ml) chicken broth, making sure to scrape the bottom of the pan to get all of the seasoning.
Pour mixture into slow cooker. Add remaining chicken broth. Add potatoes,tomatoes,beans and chorizo. Stir,then cover slow cooker and cook low heat setting for 6 hours.
Stir in kale and cook for a further one hour.