Slow Cooker Mexican Bean and Corn Chili Recipe2022-01-10
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 8:00 h
- Ready In: 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat0.7 g
Trans Fat1 g
Unsaturated Fat0.7 g
Slow cooker Mexican corn and bean chili recipe. This chili is made with fresh corn, beans, tomatoes, and spices. It’s perfect for a weeknight dinner or can be served at your next chili party.
Do you prefer a slow cooker or stovetop chili?
There are many different ways to cook chili, but what are the pros and cons of each method?
A slow cooker chili is a great option for those who want to spend their day doing other things. It’s also great for those who don’t want to worry about cooking over high heat. Slow cooker chili is usually not as spicy as stove-top chili, but it still has the same flavor. There are some downsides to using this method though, due to the fact that it takes longer than stovetop methods.
What can I serve with corn and bean chili?
Mexican corn and bean chili is a hearty meal that can be served with a variety of dishes.
I would recommend serving it with a side dish of rice, or tortilla chips.
What are some of the benefits of using a slow cooker?
– Slow cookers are a great way to create healthy, nutritious meals.
– You can use them to prepare food for large groups of people without having to worry about the meal being overcooked.
– Slow cookers are generally cheaper than other cooking appliances because they require less energy.
– They allow you to prepare your meal and then go about your day without worrying about it getting overcooked or burnt.
Slow Cooker Mexican Bean and Corn Chili Recipe
You may like as well:
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine
- 1 pound (480 g) ground beef
- 2 medium yellow onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely sliced
- 6 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cans 15 oz (450 ml) each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1½ cups (375 ml) fat-free chicken broth
- 6 oz (180 ml) can tomato paste
- 1 cup (250 ml) frozen corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
In a medium nonstick skillet, heat dry red wine and olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped onions and garlic. Cook, stirring until onions are tender. Remove the cooked garlic and onion mixture from the skillet and transfer to a slow cooker.
Add the remaining ingredients. Mix well. Cover the pot and cook on a low-heat setting for 6-8 hours.
Turn off the cooker and open the lid. Stir bean and corn chili well before serving. Ladle into soup bowls. Serve hot.