Pressure Cooker Steamed Clams in Lemon Wine Broth2017-02-14
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Appetizer, Main Dish, Pressure Cooker Recipes
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Add to favorites
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 20m
Pressure cooker steamed clams in lemon wine broth. Clams with vegetables and herbs cooked in pressure cooker.Serve pressure cooker steamed clams as main dish with green salad or as an appetizer with fresh crusty bread.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 1 cup (250 ml) dry white wine
- 1 cup (250 ml) chicken broth
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 1 bunch green onions,trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 6 parsley stems,plus 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley,for serving
- 1 lemon sliced and 1 extra,cut into wedges,for serving
- 3 pounds (1.44 kg) fresh clams,scrubbed
In a pressure cooker,melt butter over medium heat. Add minced garlic to hot melted butter and cook,stirring,until fragrant (for about 2 minutes.)
Pour in dry white wine,chicken broth and water. Increase heat to medium-high and bring mixture to a boil. Boil for 1 minute. Stir in green onions,parsley stems and lemon slices.
Arrange the trivet and steamer basket in the pot. Fill the basket with scrubbed clams.
Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set the burner heat to high pressure. When cooker reaches high pressure,reduce heat to low. Set timer to cook for 4 minutes(don't overcook or the clams will be tough)
Open pressure cooker,using Quick Release method. Discard any unopened clams.
Using a tongs,transfer cooked clams to serving bowl. Strain cooing liquid through a fine mesh strainer lined with cheesecloth.Discard the solids.
Pour cooking liquid over cooked clams. Serve with lemon wedges and chopped fresh parsley.
Average Member Rating
(4 / 5)
2 people rated this recipe