Pressure Cooker Chicken Tacos
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 6m
- Ready In : 16m
Average Member Rating
(3 / 5)
2people rated this recipe
- For Filling: 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large white onion,peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 4 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chicken broth
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilatro
- 6 boneless and skinless chicken breast halves
- 1½ teaspoons sea salt
- 10 grinds black pepper
- freshly squeezed juice of 3 limes
- For Tacos: 12 taco-size flour tortillas,warmed
- shredded iceberg lettuce
- diced Roma tomatoes
- sliced ripe avocado
- chopped fresh cilantro
- chopped red onion
- shredded combination Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses
- sour cream and salsa (optional)
In a pressure cooker,heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add white onion and cook,stirring,until softened,for about 3 minutes. Add chili powder and garlic and cook,stirring,for a further 1 minute. Stir in chicken broth and scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the pot. Stir in fresh cilantro. Arrange chicken breasts over the mixture,spooning some on top. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Pour in lime juice.
Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set burner heat to high pressure. When pressure cooker reaches high pressure,reduce heat to low. Set timer to cook for 6 minutes.
Remove pot from the heat. Carefully open pressure cooker. Using a tongs,transfer cooked chicken breasts to cutting board. Using a two forks,shred meat.
Pour the content of the pressure cooker into a bowl. Stir in shredded chicken.
To assembly the tacos,spoon the chicken mixture into tortillas,then top as you prefer with lettuce,avocado,cilantro,onion and cheese.