Pressure Cooker Mushroom Bourguignon
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 20m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large portobello mushrooms,stems and black gills removed,sliced
- 2 pounds (960 g) cremini mushrooms,sliced
- 1 large yellow onion,peeled and sliced
- 1 pound (480 g) carrots,peeled and cut into pieces on diagonal
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and finely chopped
- 1 rib celery,sliced
- 2 cups (500 ml) dry red wine
- 3 cups (750 ml) chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon dried herbes de Provence
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons potato starch (not potato flour)
In a pressure cooker,heat half of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add half of mushrooms and cook,stirring,until browned on all sides (for 3-4 minutes). Using a slotted spoon,transfer browned mushrooms to a bowl. Add remaining oil and brown remaining mushrooms. Transfer to the same bowl. Season to taste with salt and black pepper and set aside.
Add sliced onions to hot pot,reduce heat to medium and cook,stirring occasionally, for 1-2 minutes. Stir in carrots and chopped garlic. Sprinkle with potato starch,stir well to coat the carrots,and let stand for 1 minute to be absorbed.
Return mushrooms to pressure cooker. Stir in celery,dry red wine,broth and herbs. Stir in tomato paste into the liquid. Bring to a boil,then reduce heat to low and simmer,uncovered,for 5 minutes.
Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set the burner heat to high.When pressure reaches high pressure,reduce heat to low. Set timer to cook for 10 minutes.
Remove pot from the heat. Carefully open pressure cooker. Discard the bay leaves. Adjust seasoning if needed.
If the liquid is too thin,add add cornstarch mixture and stir over medium heat until thickened,for about 2 minutes.